How to change your browser homepage
We have been asked a few times this week, if we could provide a guide on how to change your browser homepage. I thought I would add this to our site, just in case anybody else is struggling.
- When you have IE open go to the top right-hand side of the bar and select the little cog.
- Next select ‘Internet options’ which is usually second from the bottom.
- On the first tab ‘general’ at the you have a box. Type the homepage that you want into that box and press apply and then okay.
- When you have chrome open go to the top right-hand side of the bar and select the 3 little dots.
- Next select ‘Settings’ which is usually third from the bottom.
- In the section ‘appearance’, go to ‘Show home button’ and turn this on.
- Select ‘Enter Custom Web address and type www.google.co.uk (or.com) into the space available.
- Next Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the section ‘On startup’.
- Select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ & Add a new page.
- Type www.google.com (or .co.uk) into the ‘Site URL’ box and click add
- Google should now be your homepage upon opening. You can also jump to google at any time with the little house symbol, just before the URL bar (top left)
So now you know how to change your browser homepage!
If there is something you are struggling with and you would like a How to guide, just drop a comment in the box below and Sophie will put something together for you.